Thursday 7 November 2013

PROJECT 3a: OBJECT CREATION : A FREE-FORM SCULPTURE


For this project,there will be no more drawing!
Instead we need to produce an object of a free-from sculpture that can be made from any materials (new or recycled)
Besides,
to create the sculpture,
we shall communicate with the inner self, our imagination and creation needs to co-work within the limited spaces and time set.
The theme of the sculpture is ‘HARMONY’,
 but each student is free to choose their specific concept that is relevant to the stipulated theme.

Objectives:

  •      To improve students’ ability in applying suitable elements and principles of design in producing a free-form object.
  •       To improve students’ skills in developing and communicating the ideas through conceptual model making.
      After 'communicated' with my inner voice and imagination, I realized time limitation is my big problem.
In order to express my feeling,I've decided to make a broken clock with butterflies flying out of it.
Broken clock-a wish to forget the times.
Butterflies(symbolized me ,also my logo signature in case you readers forgotten)-flying out from the broken clock          to set myself free from the tension caused by the time limitation.



To start creating the sculpture
,first and foremost,
I've used some old newspapers and glue (paper mache method) to do the clock.
To be exact,this is a home cooked starch (To save the cost)

Carefully,stick the newspapers pieces with starch onto the plastic container to form the shape of a clock.

The base is a plastic container,so it's easier to produce the shape.
I've torn apart an old real clock to decorate the inner part of my clock.
Then I've cut the shape of the butterflies from aluminium tins.
To make the butterflies 'flying' out from the clock,
I used aluminium wire.

I've used hot glue gun to stick the aluminium butterflies onto the wire.

Ta-daa!It looks like they;re flying gracefully on top of the clock.
The top view of the end product.
The end product.

The End.
Thank you!






No comments:

Post a Comment